[OM] Re: Minolta 5400

Subject: [OM] Re: Minolta 5400
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 18:41:49 +0100
A large puffer brush is easier to use in my view: it has no tendency to
freeze whatever you are blowing, it has almost as much blow-power ;-)
and it saves the environment by lasting ever so much longer.

I managed to discolour the rear element of one of my Bronica lenses by
using tinned air shortly after it had been shaken up somewhat ...

Chris

On 7 Oct 2004, at 9:09, Moose wrote:

> Dust-off and the very occasional use of a lens brush works pretty well
> for me. Make sure to hold the can upright, especially when new, to
> avoid
> spraying the liquid on your film. Try holding the film so you can see a
> light reflected in the surface so you can see the dust particles and
> practice 'till you know the angle and movement that is most effective.
> You can never get it all. Cardboard mounts are the pits, stuff comes
> off
> them onto the film and they leave a "hairy" looking edge to the image.
>
> Moose
>
> Gareth.J.Martin wrote:
>
>> On the subject of cleaning slides what is the best method to use for
>> cleaning them? Its something I've never really thought about even
>> though
>> I've got loads of them!

<|_:-)_|>
C M I Barker