[OM] Kids N Film

Subject: [OM] Kids N Film
From: Matthew Born <mborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 11:12:25 -0400
Thanks everybody for the kind words about Gus' (and my) photos. I'm sure
he'll move onto digital someday (he is interested in my coolpix 990, but
it's WAY too big for his hands), but I don't think he'll ever fully abandon
film. You should have seen his eyes the first time we pulled a developed
roll out of the tank and unrolled it to see the images...you never saw a
look of such stunned excitement. I think he thought the whole mixing of
chemicals and agitating of the tank was a lot of fun, but he obviously
didn't really grasp what we were doing no matter what crazy words were
coming out of his Pop's mouth. But then, that magic moment...and he was
hooked. The good news is he's too young to be distressed by Ilford's state.

Steve, thanks for the tip about Langhorne. I'll have to check that one out.
My nighttime train station shots are a little dicey these days. Good thing
Gus likes coming with me; I figure that makes me look a lot less like a
terrorist. Otherwise, it's a guy with a camera at a train station at 5 a.m.
Heck, even I find that suspicious.

Matthew Born