[OM] Re: X-Prize Launch date pushed back [some OM, fer sure...]

Subject: [OM] Re: X-Prize Launch date pushed back [some OM, fer sure...]
From: Barry Hinderks <bkhinderks@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:25:42 -0700
At 04:20 PM 9/24/04 -0600, Garth Wood wrote:
>Blast!
>
>The Canadian da Vinci team, who were planning to launch their contender
for the X-Prize from Kindersley, Saskatchewan next weekend (Oct. 2nd), has
pushed back their launch date with no definite re-scheduling.  Apparently,
they still don't have a couple of critical parts for the craft.
>(snip)
 Canada's got two contenders (da Vinci and Arrow), both of whom are in
danger of getting snookered if they let Rutan and Co. (SpaceShipOne) get
too far ahead of the curve...

Garth,

Rutan is already well ahead having at least flown (albeit with some
problems they don't want to elaborate on) to the required height and time.
The other entries are all still trying to get off the ground. While I'd
love to see a Canadian entry do something I'm not so sure these guys have
it together yet.

Barry H