[OM] Re: [OT] Compatibility of Canon EOS body with adapter and OM

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Compatibility of Canon EOS body with adapter and OM
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:02:41 -0400
Thanks for the elaboration, Moose.  It never occured to me to think of
the flash housing as an obstruction.  You can tell I subscribe to the
digest.  I was about halfway through reading the previous digest when
the question occured to me.  I fired off the question to the list and
then went away for a few hours.  When I finally got back to finishing
the digest I found that you had already answered most of the question there.

You also gave a fine analytical reason why this solution won't work well
for copying slides and negatives.  What you didn't say, however, was
whether you have actually tried this and find that the real world
results conform to your expectations.  When it comes to the perceived
quality of digital images I have come to totally distrust conventional
analysis.

I suspect, but don't know, that some of the problems I see with respect
to my scanner images have to do with the highly collimated light source.
I was hoping that a slide copier and diffuser might produce something
much different.  Well, I'm sure it will be different but maybe not
acceptable, eh?  I really, really, really do hate scanning film.

Chuck Norcutt