[OM] Re: MF gear (Was: 28mm/3.5 hood [was: Re: lens questions)

Subject: [OM] Re: MF gear (Was: 28mm/3.5 hood [was: Re: lens questions)
From: Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 23:02:12 +0930
At 12:40 AM -0700 2004.09.20, Moose wrote:
>People still watch slide shows down under? Pretty much nobody I know
>will sit still for them, literally.

Hmm. "Slideshow". Bad word. Memories of serried ranks of bored rellies
assembled for tales of Henry and Agatha's tour of Florence. Tittering
at David. No thanks.

Do a semantic gear change. Think of the projector as just an aid to viewing.
I have one sitting here set up all the time. Just load the magazine and look.
Like tonight's new slides -- woodchopping championship from the Royal
Agricultural Show. And orchids. Twenty minutes start to finish. Screen
is the back of a picture frame painted white -- so it's not there most of the
time. A bit small at 85cm across but better than a monitor or wimpy print.
See slides as they were meant to be seen, not chopped up into millions of
tiny fragments first :)

But did do one slideshow earlier this year. Edited slides of Tasmania
holiday, family with three kids, they loved it. Even turned the telly off.

>Of course, If I had one of the 4x5 inch film to 6x7 foot rear projection
>screens I cooked up years ago for an employer, I could invite Walt over
>for a show of his 4x5 transparencies, then use the middle magnification
>to show some MF slides. I could have had one, but it would take up one
>of the bedrooms for the projector. :-)

Could handle that. We're getting a projector like that at work soon ...

regards
  Andrew