[OM] Re: Minolta scanner

Subject: [OM] Re: Minolta scanner
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:43:19 -0400
Nikon scan software will clip the blacks. Not sure of the latest version
but you had to scan as a positive and invert in PS to work around
the clipping. The Nikon software seems to use their own version of
ICC profiles, so you can't just use the Nikon Scan software with your
own custom profiles. Instead people turn off color management and
add it back in later. I'm a bit fuzzy on the details as it has been a
year or more since I last tried to do much with negatives and the
scanner.

VueScan was my solution and I don't know any reason that would
not work with the Minolta scanners as well. However, I don't remember
VueScan handling ICE dust removal quite as well as the NikonScan
software.

Wayne