[OM] Re: Minolta scanner

Subject: [OM] Re: Minolta scanner
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:40:09 -0700
>From the comments in the Minolta Multi-Pro group, many or even most Minolta
multi-pro owners use VueScan if they use negative film. Many of those who
use the Minolta software also scan the negatives as a positive then invert
it. The 5400 uses the same software. Probably most of the multi-pro users
who shoot slides use the Minolta software. Again from comments made
depending on the version of VueScan, it may or may not do very good dust
removal. A few people claim Silverfast is great software. It's pretty
expensive and doesn't seem to have all that many vocal users.

-jeff