[OM] Re: Kodak Australasia plant shuts down

Subject: [OM] Re: Kodak Australasia plant shuts down
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:28:52 -0700
C.H. writes:

<< Without hearing from you for a long time, it would be great if you
can tell us how have you been and about your current photographic system. >>

Oh, I've been exhibiting photos like mad. Not just to sell, but to
educate, entertain and get name recognition locally. Susanne and I just
got juried in as members of the local co-op art gallery, so we get to
exhibit there for 10 months/year.  I've had a 100 print show in all the
Borders Bookstores since mid-January. I got 5 awards out of seven
submissions to the annual Nevada Magazine competition. I'm teaching some
new college courses besides Beginning and Intermediate Photography:
Photographing Our Natural & Cultural Heritage I and II, Advanced B&W
Darkroom, and Infrared Photography. Plus Continuing Education classes in
Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0, Landscape Photography and Historical
Reinactment Photography.

My camera of choice is a Fuji GW690II, with a 4 x5 Toyo AX II and 4
lenses as #2, followed by the big bag of OM stuff, then by my Bronica
ETRSi outfit. The OM comes out when I need advanced flash capabilities,
special lens capabilities, copy work, documentary botanical photography,
etc. Susie still uses the OM exclusively, although she coverts the
larger format quality. No digital cameras here, unless I borrow one for
a commercial shoot.  All my work gets digitized on an Epson 3200 or
Nikon Coolscan LS-2000 and printed to a Epson 2200.  Works for me.

Gary Reese