[OM] Re: Kodak Australasia plant shuts down

Subject: [OM] Re: Kodak Australasia plant shuts down
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:57:08 +1000
And a Liberal government did the same in Vic with Toyota! Transnational
corps. (TNC's) have that kind of power - give us tax breaks, etc., or
we move offshore. Corporate bullying.
What I noted from recent postings on nailing CF cards to trees and
Kodak closure is that the UK has a digital take-up rate of 18% of
households while ours in Oz is one third. Interesting - confirmation
that Australians tend to take up new-tech rather enthusiastically.
AndrewF