[OM] Re: lubing the winder

Subject: [OM] Re: lubing the winder
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:00:36 -0300
on 15/09/2004 18:36, PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service at olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> Let me guess -- the motor spins, but the film doesn't wind.
>
> 99% of winder problems like this are due to the rubber ring (CE001900)
> between ZC197800 and ZC123300 dissolving.  That's right, the black gunk that
> looks like grease in there used to be a rubber ring!  No amount of grease or
> lube of any type will make it work properly unless that ring is replaced,
> and we usually don't use any lube at all, especially anything you can spray!

>> but after it got all wet it seemed to worsen.

Hi Clint,

You're right, that's it. But not all the time. This afternoon it did wind
the film but with quite an spinning effort. So I decided to use the
screwdriver.
I'd have bet it was a consequence of my underwater experiences with my OM-2
and winder :-)
So it seems I should dive a little more inside the gears. What a mess !!
Then I must build something resembling CE 001900... I don't think I could
find one with the exact measures, which btw I completely ignore.

Thanks a lot,

Fernando.