[OM] Re: lubing the winder

Subject: [OM] Re: lubing the winder
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:36:40 -0500
Let me guess -- the motor spins, but the film doesn't wind.

99% of winder problems like this are due to the rubber ring (CE001900)
between ZC197800 and ZC123300 dissolving.  That's right, the black gunk that
looks like grease in there used to be a rubber ring!  No amount of grease or
lube of any type will make it work properly unless that ring is replaced,
and we usually don't use any lube at all, especially anything you can spray!