[OM] Re: Information on a Carl Zeiss lens for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Information on a Carl Zeiss lens for OM
From: Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:18:48 +0930

About a year ago I posted a query about a Carl Zeiss Jena 35-70mm 3.5-4.8 OM
mount zoom. This was NIB.

There were several interesting responses and strong opinions about Zeiss
practices in selling their name.

See the thread "Zeiss Jena OM zoom" starting 15th August 2003.

I didn't buy it, but did handle it in the shop. It didn't have the
"quality" feel of a good Zuiko, but it did seem to be (just handling it
briefly) reasonably well constructed and smooth to operate. But at $US250 it
was far too expensive.

regards
  Andrew