[OM] Re: Information on a Carl Zeiss lens for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Information on a Carl Zeiss lens for OM
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:02:52 -0400
on 2004/09/14 2:13 PM, Geilfuss Charles at
Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have no first-hand experience with this lens, but as I understand
> it, the Jena lenses were all made in Japan during a difficult period for
> Carl Zeiss in which they sold their name for profit.

I don't know about any Japanese production, but Carl Zeiss Jena was made in
East Germany. I gather some of the factories ended up on each side of the
line, so there were effectively two companies after the war. German list
members...?

[OT] My local camera store had a Kiev 6x6 for sale at a good price with two
Jena lenses, one short and one long. I still regret my mortgage persuaded me
to pass them up. The glass looked breathtaking. I bought a TLR instead.

Andrew