[OM] Re: which slide film?

Subject: [OM] Re: which slide film?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 07:42:28 +0800
I have did some tests with the 10D+Zuiko and Film with the same Zuikos the
result were the same, the different in your eyes may be small but to me it
is quite large, slides has much finer details and even digital got the
details but it is distorted as I mentioned before. You can check and compare
the "cross" at the left side of the word "FARMACIA". It is just like the 10D
samples I have posted before the "mark to space" ratio is not right in
digital. As I side few years ago, I'm expecting 12MP camera will get a
resolution equal film. Fortunately, I think it will just take around 2
years, if Olympus is still making digital SLR they will probably come up
with a 12-16MP one by that time.

As I always say digital has better dynamic range than slides, there is no
argue. In the high contrast scenes like shooting between buildings in a
street it is difficult to capture all with slides. If you need wide dynamic
range go with negative and expose it one stop over.

Just want to make sure you know what I want to compare, it is just
resolution not dynamic range, don't tell me you cannot get the shadow
details in slide and say slide has lower resolution.

C.H.Ling