[OM] Re: OM4 Strange print stains

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4 Strange print stains
From: Duncan Paterson <depaterson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:49:39 +0100 (BST)
Does this solution also apply to mechanical bodies? I noticed the hanging
string on a couple of frames taken with an OM-3Ti at 1/30 but it had been left
with the shutter cocked for a couple of days by mistake. Could this have
contributed to or caused the problem? However, I haven't seen the curtain
string in any photos since then. Can this problem disappear simply by using the
camera or is the intervention of an Oly tech always required to solve it for
good?

Cheers,
Duncan.

PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Roughly translated from page Z-98 of the repair manual (the "oops" section),
the problem was called "String in Picture", or as we lovingly referred to
it, "Curtain String Bounce", or "Aw, sh*t, another one!"

<snip>

This may make the wind stiff at the first, which may be improved by
exchanging the brake release arm with a different sized part or not. Given
the choice, a little tug at the start of the wind stroke is better than
string bounce any day.

List usage info: http://www.zuikoholic.com
List nannies: olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx