[OM] Promaster 5000 series flash w/ OLY module

Subject: [OM] Promaster 5000 series flash w/ OLY module
From: "Ali Shah" <farali@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 18:48:18 -0400
Several months ago I asked if any of you had used a Promoaster 5000 series
flash with your Olympus bodies....I didnt hear anything back. Anyhow I found
out that Promaster is still making the FTM Module for Olympus and supposedly
its compatible with the OM Series. Now I know most of you prefer the Olympus
flashes but this is something you can buy brand new. Are there any drawbacks
to using a third party flash with the OM cameras? How is Promaster quality
compared to Metz, Vivitar, etc? I am looking at the FTD 5950, which I can
also use with my Pent*x AF body.

- Ali