[OM] Re: OM Focusing Screen Cleaning

Subject: [OM] Re: OM Focusing Screen Cleaning
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 09:49:24 EDT
This has been coverd numerous times, and it's in the archives...

The short answer is "yes" as long as the screen is removable and you remove
it. Be VERY careful! It is rather sensitive to anything that may be on your
fingers, including your natural skin oil, so be warned. I've had good luck in
washing my hands first in dishwashing liquid, then wet the screen, ( cool
water)
and dab a small drop of that same DW liquid onto my finger and gently wipe it
on the screen. (I did not say "rub") and then RINSE, RINSE and RINSE again in
cold water. Air or gently blow dry, but NO HEAT from the dryer.  I've done
this many times, and only recently, for unknown reason, I did it like I've
always
done, and it left the screen damaged, with a black line that looks something
like a dark scratch on it. (And it was a recently purchased used 2-series
screen! Ouch! they're expensive!) So, if your screen only has a mildly annoying
water mark on it, I'd advise you to think it over carefully first and perhaps
just live with it.

George S.