[OM] Re: Resistance is futile

Subject: [OM] Re: Resistance is futile
From: "Ing. Radovan Faltus" <faltusr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 00:04:57 +0200
As described it's not too bad i think.
I was worried you need some formula
to determine correct shutter speed from value in viewfinder.

For example when you mount a lens on OM body
without aperture mechanical coupling (in the case
of reverse ring for macro use), you have no usefull
information about shutter speed in viewfinder.
  But now when I think about it, if i could push the coupling
mechanism of camera body (which reads an aperture ring
setting) till the end which would be equivalent to maximal aperture setting,
i should have correct information in viewfinder?

I don't have any Zuikos in my hands to see it but is it correct if
i say the aperture coupling mechanism of an OM lens doesn't
give information to body about absolute aperture preset on lens but
just about relative aperture (preset aperture minus maximal aperture)??

Radek