[OM] Re: Ah, Bokeh! Or is it Hokey?

Subject: [OM] Re: Ah, Bokeh! Or is it Hokey?
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:12:06 -0400
I think these lenses are pretty close, but I'd give the second the nod, if
you look at the highlight areas on the left.

Walt, you have a 50/3.5? Go try with that. It's probably taken more of my
photos than anything else, but the bokeh can stink. At 5.6-8 highlights that
are only somewhat out of focus can be gruesome.

Andrew

on 2004/08/26 12:24 PM, Donald MacDonald at d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:12:34 +0000, Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> If anybody can see any difference, I hope they'll 'splain it to me.  I
>> guess I'm just not all that sensitive, because bokeh has never been that
>> important to me.  Unless it's really bad and/or the subject is really
>> boring, I usually don't even notice it.

http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-724214.ht
m>> l

http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-724215.ht