[OM] Re: Resistance is futile

Subject: [OM] Re: Resistance is futile
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:58:14 -0700
I am always amazed at conclusions like that. Canon all ready makes a FF
sensor camera and lenses for it. It is $8000. The lenses that fit on it
will fit on the new mount. Canon is not "forcing" you to buy the lenses
with the new mount. You have a choice. Recognizing that a continuing
market exists for smaller sensor cameras that cost less than $2000 and
that give quality equivalent to 35mm and making lenses for those
cameras is not planned obsolescence. It is good customer service. Most
people will be quite happy with a 6 or 8MP smaller sensor without ever
going larger. Some may say that Canon's move is a little late in coming
compared to Nikon which has been making wide angle lenses geared to
their DX sized sensor for a while now.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA