[OM] Re: Resistance is futile

Subject: [OM] Re: Resistance is futile
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:21:30 -0700
I've only had the lens for a couple of days, so no film developed yet. I
have considerable faith in the Tamron SP line in general and I believe
this model got excellent reviews when it was a current model. And the
one I ended up with is certainly not subject to any wear and tear that
might affect performance.

The economics are OK, although the journey was interesting. I bought one
on the 'Bay advertised as having perfect glass and function but so-so
cosmetics for $38. It turned out not to be fully functional. This model
has a rather complex internal interaction between focus and zoom rings,
which was obviously loose and sticking. I went back to the seller, who
has over 5,000 feedback with 99.8% positive. He promptly authorized a
return and sent a refund. I had to remind him to get a second refund for
tax and return shipping, but it was a pleasant enough deal and I got all
my money back. Then, crazy man that I am, I took a chance on a guy with
0 feedback and got a virtually mint lens with box, case and instructions
for $72.

First time I've ever left the first feedback for a seller, and it was
very positive. Great packing, quick shipping and condition and extras
better than expected. Go figure.

Moose