[OM] Re: Sincere Sympathies for Schnozz

Subject: [OM] Re: Sincere Sympathies for Schnozz
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:21:28 -0700 (PDT)
> Oh, Schnozz, so sorry!

My grief is overwhelming.  :(  I think I'll go photograph worms.

> What if I decide I really, really like it?  I'd rather
> not know.  You can't miss something you never had.

It's only a matter of time before Kodak announces the shutdown
of their B&W product lines.  Boutique manufacturers will be
around, but consistancy and cost factors will make them less
workable.  Product lines, such as Forte and Oriental, may stick
it out, but what do I do about film and chemistry?

I hate to say it, but I MUST start the abandoning process of
Ilford products post-haste.  Sure, I could probably stock up on
a lifetime supply of film, but the key factor is the Ilfotec
DD-X chemistry.

The full impact of this news hasn't even begun to sink in yet.

> So, if it'll make your grief and sorrow any more bearable,
> I've got five rolls of 120 Delta 100 in the fridge that I'm
> willing to contribute to the wake.  (Sorry, no 35mm.)

Too bad I don't have any medium format gear.  I'm at a loss as
to what I'm going to feed the 4x5.  I *could* go to Kodak, but
for how long?

My wife would rather that I abandon film altogether.  I can't
bear that thought yet.  But B&W was the only viable reason for
me to keep film.

AG

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail