[OM] Re: Totally OT - Wireless HI-FI connect

Subject: [OM] Re: Totally OT - Wireless HI-FI connect
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:25:05 +0100 (BST)

>> I sort of understand what you are saying but we have a real problem in
>> running cables - small house, concrete floor, lots of funny angles.
>>
>> We're just stripping out a couple of rooms to decorate and it would make
>> things so much easier to plonk the music centre in one corner and dot
>> speakers through two rooms..... okay, it may not be hi-fi but it beats
>> tripping over wires. Hopefully I'll be able to hook the TV in as well.

if you want multiple speaker setups in different rooms then you have more
problems. Any amp that drives them must have the grunt to do so (assuming
you don't want one amp per set of speakers) and if you are not careful
about the set up you may not have much control over the seperate sets of
speakers. For instance you may not be able to control the volume from each
set seperately from a "simple" preamp!

What are you looking for exactly?