[OM] Re: What's in a name - really OT

Subject: [OM] Re: What's in a name - really OT
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:06:37 +0200

Isettas were originally Italian (Iso isetta, with two cylinder 2-stroke),
but were also made under license by other companies, BMW being one of them.
Normally a 4-wheeled car, they also made a 3-wheeler version. BMW motor was
a 298cc four-stroke, with four speed transmission. Some models apparently
had a reverse gear. Try looking at

http://www.whirlingpool.com/isetta/history/history.htm
http://www.cqql.net/bmw.htm

Roger Key

Winsor wrote:

I suppose we are still talking Isetta/BMW. The ones I heard running at
the show last week definitely did not sound like two stroke engines
unlike the Messerschmidts. They were the standard BWM single cylinder
motorcycle engine and I would assume the motorcycle gear box that comes
with it. Motorcycles don't go in reverse either.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA