[OM] Re: Re: Re: TTL Multi Connector

Subject: [OM] Re: Re: Re: TTL Multi Connector
From: "Ing. Radovan Faltus" <faltusr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:20:45 +0200
> Is mixing T-series flashes and "generic" OM-dedicated
> flashes dangerous? Or disfunctional?

If i see it correctly the input impedance of T32 is 33 kohms,
so 9 units have 3.7 kohms. I wouldn't recommend to
go under it.

> Another research through web'n'groups has brought
> the information that the 9-flashes-maximum dogma
> set by Olympus is pretty much on the safe side. It
> could be up to 14 or 15 units, before the collective
> impedance change fouls the quench procedure. Did
> anyone ever get that adventureous to find out?

You could overload quench camera output.

I do eB*y statistics for nearly
> all OM and OM related equipment since more than 2
> years and covered more than 13000 [yes, thirteenthousand]
> transactions. Again: all related to eB*y Germany)

Would be great if you could share it.

> Long talk, short question: Has anyone done so before,
> and can now keep me from disasterous experiences? Or
> is this pioneer land, never touched by OM photographer's
> foot before?

Look at automated web of one our fellow:
http://www.haukeboe.com

Radek