[OM] Re: What's in a name - really OT

Subject: [OM] Re: What's in a name - really OT
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:30:10 +1000
Wayne may have in mind the kidnapping of a child named Montana in
Melbourne the other day - by a moronic redneck couple who renamed the
child after a car (Kia). They abandoned the child quickly once it
became common knowledge that the father was a member of a local
'family' - you don't mess with the Barbaro clan.
I understand that the French simply refuse to register silly names, in
the interest of protecting the child from parental idiocy. How
sensible. Personally I find weird and misspelt names to be a fairly
good indicator of low IQ and culture among my students.
AndrewF