[OM] What's it for?

Subject: [OM] What's it for?
From: "Adam Long" <adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 19:38:49 +0100
>I paid £30 for T28 Single Flash 1, Macro Flash Shoe Ring, Hot Shoe 4 and this
>item. Reasonable value, so even if I can't find a use for it I'll not be too
>upset.

Sounds like a good deal!! Gotta qualify as a Fang!

>It is obviously an adapter ring of some sort - it has a bayonet mount on one
>side (like on an OM body) and a filter ring on the other that looks to be
>around 39mm on the inside and 43mm on the outside.  It has no markings on it
>other than a red dot for positioning a lens on the mount.
>Any ideas?

I did make something similar so I could mount the Shoe Ring (and then T28 ) on
a reversed OM lens. . However the filter ring on yours would seem to be too
small - though I guess a step-up ring could have been used. A picture could
help... maybe just a link to the ebay item no?
FWWI, when I tried it, the adaptor plus shoe ring made the flash heads sit too
far from the lens (135 + 50 reversed, giving X2.7 on film) to give good
lighting, though its quite likely a different lens might work.
Adam