[OM] Advanced light metering (was: Introduction Simon Worby)

Subject: [OM] Advanced light metering (was: Introduction Simon Worby)
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:46:48 +0100
Doro wrote:

> Certainly a good idea! With the OM4Ti I never used it because I find
> it's light metering so accurate. But for 6x6 it's a must!

This is the thing I don't understand about "modern" metering systems.

Yes, they do "spot" metering, but it's still only reflected light, so can they
perceive colour and/or reflectivity of the subject, or do they still assume 18%
grey?

If only the latter, then surely they can't replace the incident reading
obtained by a light meter?

Looking forward to the responses.....

Simon Worby