[OM] Re: Advanced light metering (was: Introduction Simon Worby)

Subject: [OM] Re: Advanced light metering (was: Introduction Simon Worby)
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:59:06 +0200
Simon Worby schrieb:

>> Certainly a good idea! With the OM4Ti I never used it because I
>> find it's light metering so accurate. But for 6x6 it's a must!
>
> This is the thing I don't understand about "modern" metering systems.
>

> Yes, they do "spot" metering, but it's still only reflected light, so
> can they perceive colour and/or reflectivity of the subject, or do
> they still assume 18% grey?

Generally speaking, I think the Olympus center-weighed-average system is
extremely effective. And they seem to have been able to transport it to
the E-1, as same thing goes there. Many people change from ESP to CW.
As for spotmetering, it's different anyway, also with incident meter, I
take either light or dark or average ratings.

I'm sure there are several guys here willign to explain the technical
details - I go more for the results only...

cheers
:Doro