[OM] Re: OM2s/135-2.8/35-70 100$ shipped-- is that good?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM2s/135-2.8/35-70 100$ shipped-- is that good?
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 15:18:50 +0100 (BST)
>>> "Worked last time I checked"
that was 10 years ago before I lent it to my 5 year old son who used it as
a hammer...

>>> "need batteries"
I thought there was a set in there but now there is just some white
powder, hmm must be dust. Hope my son did not swollow them...

>>> "Mirror in great condition"
I cleaned it with household cleaning tools and I can see my reflection in
it after I got off all the ink and paint my son dropped in there

>>> "Lenses dusty"
you don't need lens cases to protect a lens after a while the dirt layer
does it for you! Using a set of spanners you can still move the appature
ring and two people push pulling together can make it focus. This way the
focusing does not drift if you point the camer down on a copy stand!

>>> "No scratches on the optics that I could see."
My eyes are fine I can see a red double decker bus at 2 meters (7 feet)
however the barrel and mount have angle grinder marks. My son, now grown
up, used to sharpen his tools on it.

Regards
James