[OM] Mediachance CleanskinFX and the mannequin look (OT)

Subject: [OM] Mediachance CleanskinFX and the mannequin look (OT)
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 15:14:47 +1000
(..and Waynes question about
 http://www.usefilm.com/image/514103.html )

I downloaded Mediachance's "CleanskinFX" utility, and ran
the resized and USM'd picture (second picture in link below)
through it (with "Enhance pink" and "Double Clean" and placed
the result next to the original in a single image.

You can find that new image (179KB and 1024x768) at the far
right of the link:

http://www.geocities.com/montsnmags/crop/crop.htm

(and at the above you can also see the original file straight
from the camera at the far left...at 2452KB, so you might not
want to rush to download that one :) ).

I don't particularly like that mannequin look, but I reckon I
know some members of my family who, even though they won't
touch a computer, would be calling for "Photoshop me too!" on
seeing such a result. It certainly looks somewhat similar to
Wayne's original example:

http://www.usefilm.com/image/514103.html

even to the subtly(?) odd blurring where skin-meets-background.

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz