[OM] Re: OT TR-6, was Selling out

Subject: [OM] Re: OT TR-6, was Selling out
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 17:27:01 +0000
The one in the garage is pretty much an original, yellow 1975 TR-6, with 72,000
mi. on the odometer and the following "minor" modifications:

Competition springs and Koni adjustable shocks on all four corners.  (Yes, this
means those god-awful rear lever shocks are gone.)

Converted to Mallory electronic ignition.

Single-barrel, oil-damped Stromberg carbs and original intake manifold replaced
with a pair of two-barrel Webers and a proper intake manifold.

Cast iron, choking exhaust manifold and two-into-one exhaust system replaced
with stainless steel headers and dual exhaust.

Oil filter converted to spin-on.  (The old one was a royal PITA)

AC (Yeah, that's right, AC!  This is, after all, Georgia, you know, and it does
tend to get a bit warm here in the summertime.  With the metal hard top on,
it's quite comfortable.)

There's also been new carpet, a relatively recent AM/FM/CD unit with good
speakers, a quite fancy black and silver valve cover, and sheepskin seat
covers.  Yeah, I know, they kind of spoil that austere British sports car look,
but they sure are comfortable.

Attention: On-topic matter coming up:

Here 'tis, as photographed with an OM and a Zuiko a few years back.  It's a
crummy scan from three or four years ago.  I'll have to dig out the original
and scan it more better with the new Minolta 5400.

http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-718616.html

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from