[OM] Re: Velvia 100F Color Cast question

Subject: [OM] Re: Velvia 100F Color Cast question
From: Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 09:00:08 +0930
At 8:11 AM -0700 2004.08.02, AG Schnozz wrote:

>The Velvia 100F picture appear to be slightly yellow in color
>cast.  The Velvia 50 and Provia 100F seemed neutral, but the

A couple of weeks ago I put four boxes through the projector in one
evening, 2 x Provia 100F and 2 x Velvia 100F. I didn't notice any such
effect, nor again last night re-checking a few (using a calibrated monitor
as a light source). But many of the Velvia shots were taken in unusual or
unfamiliar light, so the useful comparison sample isn't large.

These days I always have one body with Provia 100F in it, so I'll do some
spot checks against Velvia when it stops raining for long enough to take
a picture ...

I did notice this observation:

At 11:31 AM +0100 2004.08.03, Adam Long wrote:
>... the version available in the east is a different emulsion much closer to
>velvia 50 in saturation.

All my film was bought in Singapore (less than half the Aus price).
So we may be talking about different things.

regards
  Andrew