[OM] Re: C-5060 -- Impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: C-5060 -- Impressions
From: "Wilcox, Joel F" <joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:15:24 -0500
Wayne wrote:
> Just remember, it is a camera. Vibration is as low as an epic.
> get a mini tripod. See what you can do with it you can't do easily
> with other cameras.

Bogen 3221. :)  Actually, I do still have a very light Slik 'pod that I
mean to try with it which is useless for real camera gear.

> If you turn off the reset on power up, the camera will return
> to the exact
> zoom and settings as when you turned it off. I use A mode mostly, but
> the other modes will also remember their settings. So you can turn
> it off and on and it will be right back where you left it, each mode
> remembering their settings.

Having read Reichmann's blabbery about the reset, it was the first thing
I looked up and shut off.  I think Olympus was actually smart to default
it to on, since how else will one know what common features they want to
program into MyMode, etc.?  (But don't expect me to use it, hehe...)

> If you have never had 2nd curtain slow sync flash before,
> check it out.
> for example:
> http://www.zuik.net/om/VG1_P2201474.jpg
>
> Wayne