[OM] Re: [OT] Photoshop

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Photoshop
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:15:49 -0400
For those interested in the ultimate pixel bit pusher, PS is it.
The real main difference for me is the ability of PS to work with
16 bit color, which is important for scanned or raw images that
have not been initially processed yet. Once the levels and curves
adjustments are done, 8 bit is fine. I know I have at least one copy
of elements, came with camera, and probably another one, but
I have not really tried them. Paint Shop Pro is also an interesting
tool that can do some things better than photoshop. For specifics
http://www.pspug.org/ has more information.

Wayne