[OM] Re: alternative for the olympus 35-70 F4

Subject: [OM] Re: alternative for the olympus 35-70 F4
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 12:00:12 +0200

I have the same affliction as you Moose, I seem to collect that focal
length range. Right now I have:

Zuiko 35-70/3.6
Zuiko 35-70/3.5-4.5
Zuiko 35-105/3.5-4.5
Tokina ATX 35-70/2.8
Tokina SD 28-70/3.5-4.5
Tokina ATX 28-85/3.5-4.5
Tokina RMC 28-85/4
Tokina SD 35-200/4-5.6
Tamron SP 28-80/3.5-4.2
Tamron SP 28-135/4-4.5
Tamron SP 35-80/2.8-3.8
Tamron SP 35-105/2.8 Aspheric
Sigma 35-70/2.8-4

Kiron 28-85/2.8-3.8 but this has a very cloudy rear element, like some
Zuiko 60-200 zooms.

This excludes 24-48 and 50-250 zooms.

A bit of a shock when I write it all down....

Roger Key

Moose wrote:

OK, Roger, you sucked me in. I just won the auction for one on the 'Bay.
I wasn't aware of the close focus characteristics of this lens and had
overlooked it. What will that give me, maybe 7 or 8 different lenses in
that general 28/35-70/135 range? I must be crazy, but I have fun at it.
Still, close focus is one issue I have with all the ones I have.

Maybe I can finally sell off a couple if I really like this one.

Moose