[OM] help with CP2 rebuild

Subject: [OM] help with CP2 rebuild
From: "Adam Long" <adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:36:08 +0100
Hi all,
would appreciate some help on this. Finally got round to having a look inside
my CP2 today. The mode switch has been broken for a while, and it has never
sequenced. First the good news - the battery pack looks good, and the circuit
board looks clean. After poking around for a while I found what may be the
problem - I'll do my best to describe.
With the pack upside down, battery folded out and tripod mount to right (ie so
you can see circuit board...
there is a blue wire going from near the tripod mount (only wire attached at
this end of board) which runs to a green capacitor? which is tucked under the
mode switch. The capacitor is marked 103 50K. from its other leg runs a short
black wire which isn't attached to anything. Is this my problem? Where should
it attach? I can't see anywhere obvious, and despite a while staring at the
schematic, I'm none the wiser.

Problem 2 - I've also got a CP1 which I thought I might as well have a look in
at the same time. It works fine, except it won't do single mode, just sequence.
But I can't get the plate off the mode switch. Is B+Q ducktape not strong
enough? Do I need to bathe the thing in solvent, rather than apply a few drops.
What's the absolute best solvent to be using?
thanks,
Adam (whose desk is now covered in bits of control packs...)