[OM] Re: TOPEtiddy, TOPEtiddy, TOPE, TOPE, TOPE

Subject: [OM] Re: TOPEtiddy, TOPEtiddy, TOPE, TOPE, TOPE
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:00:52 +0000
Moose,

I think you'll like the Cullmann QT setup.  I've got the bottom part, the
"catcher," on every tripod head, Gitzos, Bogens and all, even on a Lepp
shoulder pod.  And the plates that attach to the gear are so small, I have one
more or less permanently on nearly every motor drive, winder, lens with a
tripod collar, even a T45 I sometimes use off camera.  I've been using the
system for 20+ years and have never had a failure or even the slightest problem
-- except if you're using the 65-116 auto tube with the MD2 on the camera, the
NiCd pack gets in the way of the little green locking lever and you have to
turn the bottom apparatus sideways.  Not a big deal.

As for the Cullmann macro arm, consider, too, that it's geared and serves
pretty much like a focusing stage.  And the Bogen 3025 is indeed a little
weird, but it can be put into positions like no other head I've ever seen.  And
besides, it's cheap.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from