[OM] Re: airport security inspections in the USA

Subject: [OM] Re: airport security inspections in the USA
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 08:51:28 -0700

>However, in Germany in 1979 I was twice asked to trip the shutter on
>my OM-1 before boarding a plane.

About this same time at remote border crossing i was not only asked to
open my OM1 but also to disassemble my 135mm lens! This I was able to
prevent from happening after a long discussion. Perhaps these guys were
too dimwitted to even be fishing for la mordida as they were surprised
by the fact that by removing the caps one could see inside.  And Hey! my
buddy with the machine gun is upside down!  To be fair the security
situation in the area was much worse than it is now in the US.

mike