[OM] Re: Auto failure only; on OM 2.

Subject: [OM] Re: Auto failure only; on OM 2.
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 22:00:01 -0300
Cc: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
on 15/07/2004 17:52, John Hermanson at omtech@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The A/M switch on the main circuit is probably not making proper contact, or
> wire switches are contacting the auto / manual posts at the same time. If it
> is an older OM-2 (like serial number below 250,000) then it probably suffers
> from old style switches which are not gold plated.  It's hit and miss,
> problem could be something else, but you do have a problem.
Hi John,

Think you hit with the A/M switch theory, but I'm not sure we're referring
to the same switch. Problem started worse, with the A/M switch *on camera
top cover* unlocking mirror which had locked up when firing on Auto, when
turning it to either Manual or Off. I gently moved the lever up and down
until it didn't lock anymore. Now I have Auto, Off and Manual at their own
places; but with this random problem which, BTW, didn't show up again since
this morning.
A short between auto/manual posts could also be very likely.

But you gave me two good news:
1- maybe it's not the main circuit board, which I feared a lot.
2- serial numer is 532784, so it's unlikely to suffer from old style
switches ailment. Maybe they're even gold plated :-)

In fact I have two problems, a broken camera and a broken knee, counting
only the most obvious.

Thanks very much,

Fernando.