[OM] Re: Which Stylus?

Subject: [OM] Re: Which Stylus?
From: "Wilcox, Joel F" <joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 16:37:30 -0500
I recently purchased a Stylus 100 Wide after a fair amount of field
testing with a Stylus 80 (which I determined was defective) and several
35-70 zooms.

The 35-70's are no longer available new but worth trying to find IMO.
They have all the basic features of the new zooms with the bigger
ratios, but the modest 35-70 spread is really more rational for this
kind of camera, and the results are darn good.

I'm unfortunately underwhelmed by the Stylus 100 Wide.  That's a camera
I really wished had been a great success.  It's not bad but I can't get
as sharp a result as with the 35-70, so what's the point?  I could find
it in me to tolerate the waveform distortion at 28mm if it were tack
sharp.

Joel W.