[OM] Re: Sad news in the BBQ department - severely OT

Subject: [OM] Re: Sad news in the BBQ department - severely OT
From: Ross Orr <voxbongo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 00:49:40 -0400
Bill Barber wrote:
>[...] Anyone who happens to be passing through the Austin/San Antonio
>area needs to make a trip to Lockhart to have the best Barbecue in the State
>and probably the world.  Kruez's is the name of the place and barbecue is the
>name of the game. Carry your camera as it is an interesting place.
>[...]  I don't remember if they serve brisket or not,

Ohmigod. This Michiganian and onetime vegetarian could not agree
more. I made it to Kreutz's 10 years ago, before some ugly
brother-sister feud split the Lockhart BBQ dynasty in two. I believe
one got the recipes and the other got the building (which is indeed
quite OM-worthy). And yes Bill, there was Brisket, which lives on in
incandescent memory. . .

cheers,

  -- Ross

"Do something foolish once, and it's a mistake.
  Do it repeatedly and it's a philosophy."