[OM] Re: Stop the insanity! (If you feel like it)

Subject: [OM] Re: Stop the insanity! (If you feel like it)
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 22:03:07 +0100
You didn't mention the Tamron SP 35-80/2.8-3.8 Walt.  Stupendous value for
money in my book, and mine is *not* for sale (because the market value of
less than $100 is far below its worth to me.  More than adequate optical
results, with just enough reach, fast enough at maximum aperture, and
sufficiently smaller than the alternatives you mention to guarantee it stays
on the body most of the time as the 'snapshot' lens.  I bought my original
version new in 1981 for more than I paid for the OM10 with 50/1.8.

On the other hand if anyone is looking for "real value" Zuiko 35-105/3.5-4.5
or Tamron SP60-300/3.8-5.6, well you know what to do (but off-list please).

Piers