[OM] Re: Manual or Auto focus scan?

Subject: [OM] Re: Manual or Auto focus scan?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 07:13:03 +0100
Thanks for the comment Brian.  As for Dreamweaver, I plan to take a
course at the Cambridge Regional College in the Autumn to become a
little more proficient with it.

I realised later that I had Vuescan's "Restore Colours" selected and
that this was giving me the enhanced red in the autofocus scan; it
might also have provided the hot spots that GeeBee noticed.
Deselecting the option made for a decent scan.

Chris

On 30 May 2004, at 06:36, Brian Swale wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> I think the auto-scan (bottom scans) is just a smidgen sharper, and the
> colour is a little lifted - the red is brighter in fact all colours
> are a little brighter,
>
> No problem with Dreamweaver's production this time with W'95, & Opera
> 3.62
>
> Worked perfectly as far as I can tell (for a change for Dreamweaver,
> if I may
> say so.)
>> So I compared 2 scans of the same slide (Provia 400F, OM4 with 50/1.8
>> MIJ).  Aside from the different colour balance, the focus looks about
>> the same.  So, does Vuescan do a better job of autofocus than
>> Minolta's
>> software?  Why does the Minolta software, if it can indicate varying
>> degrees of focus with a little bar, not improve its own focus
>> automatically?
>
> Brian

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx