[OM] Manual or Auto focus scan?

Subject: [OM] Manual or Auto focus scan?
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 17:36:48 +1200
Hi Chris,

I think the auto-scan (bottom scans) is just a smidgen sharper, and the
colour is a little lifted - the red is brighter in fact all colours are a
little brighter,

No problem with Dreamweaver's production this time with W'95, & Opera 3.62

Worked perfectly as far as I can tell (for a change for Dreamweaver, if I may
say so.)
> So I compared 2 scans of the same slide (Provia 400F, OM4 with 50/1.8
> MIJ).  Aside from the different colour balance, the focus looks about
> the same.  So, does Vuescan do a better job of autofocus than Minolta's
> software?  Why does the Minolta software, if it can indicate varying
> degrees of focus with a little bar, not improve its own focus
> automatically?

Brian