[OM] Re: PopPhoto, was E1 digital envy ?? Still with film

Subject: [OM] Re: PopPhoto, was E1 digital envy ?? Still with film
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 07:51:43 -0700
I just looked at the current newstand issue and was appalled by the
lack of substance. I was interested in their digital reviews which were
terrible. They implied that the new 5 MP 2/3" sensor Leica was the new
digital M camera and said it had a superior sensor that captures more
detail ignoring real tests that have shown it to be just average. The
most technical thing in their D70 "test" was a comparison of finder
magnifications. Either they are not even trying or they are doing what
they have always done, but I have gotten spoiled by the meaty reviews
on the internet. Considering that the majority of new cameras sold are
digital, concentration on film cameras for a general interest photo
magazine seems doomed to failure. They had better reinvent themselves,
quickly.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA