[OM] Re: 10D adapted, was Re: Comet

Subject: [OM] Re: 10D adapted, was Re: Comet
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 23:36:21 +1000
Just received my Kindai adapter from Cameraquest - only took 6 days
from Cal. to Melbourne! First impression, using a 50/1.4 Zuiko is that
it is very sharp and easy to use as a portrait lens (equiv. 80/1.4) and
considering that the Canon 85's are rather expensive - I'll cope with
the inconvenience of stop down. In fact, the light drop is low enough
that the finder image is reasonable up to f8 at least.
The main problem is the finder screen - rather tricky to focus well on
a clear screen while wide open but easy to check with the view screen
magnification and reshoot.
Also good wide ratios with my 16mm, 18mm and 24mm Zuiks. (esp. the
16mm). I'll give it a good try-out with the 85mm and 135mm Macro at the
weekend.
The two mount buttons is a great feature as it's easy to switch lenses
to either another Zuik or to a Canon (although my old EF 35-135mm looks
a bit sad now!) with a simple choice.
However, I don't understand his this 'pre-set' mode - mine stops down
when I mount the lens to the properly seated adapter so what is this
other way of doing things?
AndrewF

http://www.pbase.com/afildes