[OM] Re: sensible course of action for getting print films into computer

Subject: [OM] Re: sensible course of action for getting print films into computer
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 11:34:47 +0100
James

I should get yourself a negative scanner and stop getting CDs burned
for you.  In this way you would be able to enjoy scanning the negs that
you *want* to scan and make better prints at your leisure.  I have a
Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400 which you I bought for £500.  There are
cheaper scanners which provide lower resolution but still use ICE to
reduce dust etc...

Since you are not far away, feel free to contact me off-list to talk
about a demo scan of a couple of your favourite negs - but not for a
week or so as I am off to County Clare (the Burren) for a week :-)

Chris

On 14 May 2004, at 10:12, jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I would like to end of with all my photos as *good* *quality* imagines
> in
> my computer or at the very least all subsequent photos.
> At the moment I use an OM3 and just take print film. When I get my
> print
> films developed I also ask for them to be scanned and burnt onto cd.
> However the quality of the scans it not good and I have no way to
> specify
> the quality. They are quite heavily Jpeg compressed and don't come
> close
> to the originals in terms of quality.
> So as far as I see I have four courses of action open:
etc...
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.