[OM] Re: Anomalies in E-1/OM Images

Subject: [OM] Re: Anomalies in E-1/OM Images
From: Cyrtolite@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 07:02:08 -0400
I guess you're right.  Now that you mention it, I wish I was still using a
typewriter.  Computers keep getting cheaper, more capable and more
user-friendly.  I could've saved myself a lot of money and grief.  ;-)

Seriously, I agree with your points but don't forget that digital photography
eliminates the cost of film and processing, which offsets the cost a bit. Also,
those of us who are already scanning film and using Photoshop don't have much
of a learning curve with the software and, if you've ever used (God forbid!)
one of the C*n*n or N*k*n auto-everything cameras, the E-1 won't be much of a
learning curve either.  I was getting good E-1 photographs within an hour of
opening the box and I knew it because I could see them then.  I didn't have to
wait for slides. You learn pretty quickly when you can almost immediately see
your mistakes. Besides, learning a new method of photography is a lot of fun
(at least for me).

Sure, the technology will continue to improve and get cheaper.  As with any
technology, that process will continue until the technology becomes obsolete.
Is that the time to jump in?  ;-)

Scott Whittemore