[OM] Re: Anomalies in E-1/OM Images

Subject: [OM] Re: Anomalies in E-1/OM Images
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 08:38:11 -0400
At 04:25 AM 5/11/2004, you wrote:

>I have a very different take on that- I think the reality is that the longer
>you wait, the better the systems will be, the more standardized, the better
>the peripherals will be and the software will get easier and all of it will
>be cheaper! I can wait, especially since I don't feel I'm missing anything.
>The above is sent in the spirit of debate, just my own position.
>
>Gord

Yes, all true, but some of us are weak and can't control our gear urges.

I've had my E-1 for almost a day now. I think it is giving me a cramp
in my right thumb. And I'm already missing multi-spot metering.
It is a responsive beast though, I can easily see how fast you
can burn memory bits. It feels very thick in the hand compared
to an OM. I'm used to the OM-4t w/ grip1 and 35-80 lens. With
the 4T and grip, you don't really use your thumb to grip the camera.
Not sure if I can get used to the gripping on the E-1. Your thumb
is used for a lot of control features. I pretty much have to palm
with my left hand, which I do normally while shooting, but now
just to relieve my thumb. Maybe my thumb will grow a bit more
for me.

I have some more to learn. Some shots seem to over emphasize Red.
I've been shooting raw, so the camera is not controlling contrast or
saturation. The olympus viewer is fast for viewing raw images
compared to photoshop. I need to experiment more.

The 14-54mm lens focuses very close, but the subject is almost
touching the front lens. For those wanting to play with a digi-cam
without the bulk, I suggest the C-5060, which is reasonably
responsive and compact.

Wayne